Today, April 3rd, 2012 RIM announced the availability of BlackBerry Mobile Fusion. BlackBerry Mobile Fusion enables IT departments to manage and support BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices, a new generation of mobile device management!
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion allows end users the freedom to choose their device and IT managers to sleep at night, knowing they can securely manage mobile devices from multiple platforms on their network.
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion is a strategic product supporting RIM’s focus on the enterprise market. An initial release of BlackBerry Mobile Fusion launched with support for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry smartphones on February 21, 2012. Today’s release expands RIM’s leadership in mobile device management, enabling IT administrators to securely manage BlackBerry, Android and iOS devices through a single user interface, using one easy-to-use console.
- Activate and configure devices and profiles over the air
- Enable access to enterprise Mail, Calendar and PIM
- Administer users and groups, natively and directory based
- Establish corporate IT Policies and Security
- Manage lost devices – Password Reset, Device Lock, Device Wipe
- Set Wi-Fi® and VPN settings
- Deploy internally-developed apps
- Define (and enforce) public applications as mandatory or optional
- Provides Notifications to the Device User
- Provides Rooting & Jailbreak Detection
- Help manage Roaming to control your data costs
- Prevent apps from accessing corporate mail accounts
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion online
Source: RIM Media, Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog