[Now Available] harmon.ie Office 365 Client Apps for BlackBerry 10
harmon.ie let us know recently that their Office 265 Client Apps were now ready for BlackBerry 10 smartphones today. Including both Q10 & Z10 models. We couldn’t be more excited about these products, so I figure it best that you read everything their is to know about harmon.ie. Get the full skinny below.
Users demand the same productive experience from their applications wherever they are, and on whatever device they are using. With these newest smartphone apps, harmon.ie and BlackBerry are targeting the busy information workers who want to actually “use” their device and not just “bring” it to work. Now, these workers can securely and efficiently access, edit and share documents from the cloud and collaborate in real-time in a social environment.
Key harmon.ie for BlackBerry Benefits:
- Access to SharePoint on the go – Access and navigate SharePoint sites from your mobile device. Anytime, anywhere.
- Improved project management – Get real-time updates as colleagues edit important documents such as proposals and contracts.
- Reach out to the last document contributor with one click. No more need to call or email to check on project progress.
- Significant productivity boost – No need to wait till you are back at the office. Accessing the information you want and share it with colleagues from the road.
- Drive adoption of SharePoint social networks – Users can access their social network by locating colleagues from their SharePoint and local mobile device contact lists.
Key harmon.ie for BlackBerry Features:
- Document sharing, browsing and managing
- Real-time collaboration
- Social features such as searching for people, viewing social profiles and an enhanced view of colleague profiles
- Authentication and security including Windows and Form-based authentication support and passcode lock support.
Skype Preview now available on BlackBerry Z10 (OS 10.1 Only)
Well we’re almost there now. BlackBerry promised the best apps for BlackBerry 10. And this morning I noticed the Skype Preview was available on my BlackBerry Z10 running an OS10.1. Which is a leaked OS. We don’t usually recommend installing leaked Operating Systems. However for those users like myself that are willing to take that risk, Skype’s new preview for BlackBerry 10 will now be available to you on Z10 too.
One of the best treats to go along with the Skype Preview is a FREE 3-Month Unlimited World Subscription from BlackBerry! If you have a Q10 or Dev Alpha C you’ve likely already taken advantage of this deal. With this voucher users can make calls to up to 60 countries worldwide. So what are you waiting for? Z10/Q10 users on 10.1 go get your Skype on!
Berryfication’s Mother’s Day BlackBerry 10 Buyers Guide!
Yes it’s no surprise that I love my BlackBerry Z10. Maybe more than the BlackBerry Q10, however this I cannot admit to as I haven’t received my Q10 just yet. Sure I’m impatiently waiting, but the BlackBerry Dev C has whet my appetite. So as for the accessories right now you may have noticed we’re reviewing them constantly! So many great products to protect your new BlackBerry Z10. But this time we’ve got our hearts set on our Mom’s, your Mom’s, Fashions to keep Mom’s looking great from Mother’s Day and throughout the year.
BlackBerry New App Wednesday
BlackBerry continues to build BlackBerry World with some incredible apps & games. Paw Print Games brought one of their classics Kami Crazy. Rock N Roll Games brought Fly Kiwi Fly! – Classic the original and Gameloft introduced us to The Dark Knight Rises.
My favorite of the bunch has been out for a while and on my Z10 for a bit over a month now, PicFrames by Active Development Limited. It’s a simple app that let’s you sort out some nice collages. An Android port actually but very well done.
Check out the full list plus a nice list of BlackBerry Dev’s favorites too below!
Happy Wednesday! BlackBerry 10 continues to welcome top app partners from around the globe. Here are some of the latest BlackBerry 10 apps you won’t want to miss:
- Harmon.ie: Office 365 and SharePoint Client (Harmon.ie Corporation)
- The Dark Knight Rises (Gameloft Inc.)
- Kami Crazy (Paw Print Games Ltd.)
- Fly Kiwi Fly! – Classic (Rock N Roll Games)
Photos & Video:
- PicFrame (Active Development Limited)
Navigation & Travel:
- KLM for BlackBerry 10 (Air France-KLM)
BlackBerry Dev Picks of the Week:
From inside the walls at BlackBerry, here are the top 5 apps our developers deem ‘must-haves’:
- 1. Hairy Tales (Arges Games SRL)
“If you love solid puzzles with great graphics, this is up your alley”
- 2. Guess the Icon- Iconmania (SolverLabs)
“A simple ‘Guess the Word Based on Icon’ game but with loads of celebrities, places and logos to keep you guessing”
- 3. Bike Rental (o2 Interactive)
“A must-have for bike aficionados everywhere”
“This app has saved me a TON of headaches”
- 5. PicFrame (Active Development Limited)
“Amazing photo effects—neat shapes, borders, frames etc”
Latest App News: Keep an eye out for Real Soccer 2013, Six Guns, Modern Combat 4, Tuenti and KOOORA apps which will be available on the in the upcoming weeks.
Nominations have closed for the Best Built for BlackBerry App Awards. Stay tuned to find out the finalists!
For a look at all BlackBerry 10 apps, head to BlackBerry World.
Poynt makes it’s way to BlackBerry 10 [Q10 & Z10]
Ever since point was originally released on BlackBerry smartphones most BlackBerry users have come to expect it will always be there. I even found myself adding 2 to 3 other applications to make up for what Poynt did for me previously. The option to sideload this Android version hasn’t been tough to find in the past, but it’s to see they’ve added it to BlackBerry World now themselves and of course it’s still FREE.
- Movies – search by theater, movie, top 10 or genre; sort by name or rating; view trailers; view Rotten Tomatoes rankings; add to calendar; send details to contacts; buy movie tickets
- Restaurants – Search by name, cuisine type or nearby; click-to-call; get directions; view website; view hours and prices; reserve a table
- Gas Prices (US/UK/Canada ONLY) – view best prices by grade or stations nearby; click-to-call; get directions; view station amenities; send details to contacts
- Events – search by category, venue, performer, event or nearby; get directions; send details to contacts; add events to calendar
- People – lookup by name or reverse lookup by phone number or address; click-to-call; get directions; send details to contacts
- Businesses – search by name; get directions; click to call; add
details to contacts
- Offers (US ONLY)- Find Offers nearby or by keyword
Poynt is free and available in India, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Spain, Australia and Germany Happy Poynting!
Like I said so far it’s nice having access to Poynt from BlackBerry 10. It is however the Android port which makes sharing to BBM, Blaq, Twitter for BlackBerry, Facebook for BlackBerry all not possible. Hopefully the company will built a native application in the future. They did get their start and popularity from BlackBerry. No matter grab the FREE download below.
The New highly anticipated BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone launching May 1st in Canada
BlackBerry let us know that the highly anticipated BlackBerry Q10 will arrive at Canada’s most popular carries in less than a week! That’s right starting the first of May 2013 Rogers Wireless, Bell Mobility & TELUS will all begin selling this tasty hunk of technology. The word in the social clouds is that users, analysts, bloggers and so on will likely make the BlackBerry Q10 their daily driver. Many of the current Legacy owners as well as some of the Z10 owners have plans to get this gorgeous device.
Packed with 16 gigs of Internal Storage, a 3.1″ Touch Display, 8mp Rear Camera, 4G LTE Ready. With a 720×720 Resolution, 330ppi, QWERTY Keyboard & Touchscreen, Up to 14.4 Days of Standby on 3G, Up to 13.5 hours of talk time on 3G add in 1080HD Video Recording, the BlackBerry 10 Operating System and of course the BlackBerry Q10 comes in your choice of Black or White.
I don’t know about you. I absolutely love my BlackBerry Z10. However just typing these features out while looking at different angles of the Q10 has my muscles twitching just to get one in my paws! Get the full scope below!
The new BlackBerry® Q10, the first BlackBerry® 10 smartphone to feature a classic BlackBerry® QWERTY Keyboard, will be available in Canada starting May 1 on Rogers Wireless, Bell Mobility and TELUS. The BlackBerry Q10 combines the power of the BlackBerry 10 platform with a large, re-engineered physical keyboard and stunning touchscreen display – the largest ever on a BlackBerry QWERTY smartphone.
“We’re thrilled that the BlackBerry Q10 will soon be available to Canadians,” said Andrew MacLeod, Managing Director for Canada. “The new BlackBerry Q10 combines the power of BlackBerry 10 with a classic BlackBerry keyboard to help people communicate and collaborate faster and more efficiently. We’re seeing strong momentum behind BlackBerry 10 from carriers, customers and partners around the world. The BlackBerry Q10 will accelerate this trend.”
The BlackBerry Q10 smartphone will be available in Canada starting May 1 on Rogers Wireless, Bell Mobility and TELUS starting at $199 with a 3 year contract. It will also be available on Virgin Mobile Canada, Fido, Koodo Mobile, and Sasktel, and available in select retail locations, including Best Buy, Future Shop, TBooth Wireless, The Source, Walmart Canada and WIRELESSWAVE.
Highlights of the BlackBerry Q10:
Meticulous attention has been paid to every detail of the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone’s design, from its beautiful and distinctive form to its elegant and ergonomic QWERTY keyboard, which features a wider layout and larger sculpted keys. With the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone’s advanced hardware, communications and multimedia features, along with long battery life, you can confidently stay ahead and take action all day long.
The re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform offers you a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience that continuously adapts to your needs. Every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep you moving forward towards your goal, and includes advancements such as:
- · The ever present BlackBerry® Hub, which brings all your conversations together in one easy to manage place that you can access at any time from any app with a simple “peek”, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you.
- · BlackBerry® Balance™ technology, which elegantly separates and secures work applications and data from personal content, protecting what’s important to you and the business you work for..
- · BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger), which lets you share things with the people that matter to you in an instant. BBM in BlackBerry 10 includes voice calling and video chat, and lets you share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 contact.
- · BlackBerry® Remember, which helps you tackle tasks quickly with a new way to collect, organize and action all the information sitting in different places across your smartphone.
For more information on the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone please visit this BlackBerry Q10.
BlackBerry, BlackBerry Q10 and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third-party products or services.
Get the Full Story & Sign up for Updates here: http://global.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-q10.html
Source: BlackBerry PR
Get the full scoop below!
This year’s BlackBerry Live™ will give you our most mobile conference experience yet. As a registered attendee, you’ll receive a BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone at BlackBerry Live, courtesy of Brightstar, BlackBerry’s premier mobile sponsor!
Your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone will be a valuable tool throughout BlackBerry Live. The Mobile Conference Guide application has been designed to leverage features unique to BlackBerry® 10, making it easy for you.
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando! You’ll be able to pick up your device after you have checked in for the conference.
New-App Wednesday by BlackBerry: Q10 Apps
BlackBerry let us know about their fist “New-App Wednesday for BlackBerry Q10 Apps & Games! Most of us in the US haven’t had a chance to check out the Q10 yet. However a few developers and enthusiasts such as myself received our BlackBerry Dev Alpha C’s this last week. So some of these apps can be checked out on the Dev devices. But very few since the device is meant to be used to test your own applications.
But that doesn’t make us any less excited about having a BlackBerry Q10! Especially after BlackBerry managed to make me fall in love with this intuitive touch-screen. Just image that technology along with their classic keyboard (scratch that ‘new keyboard’ design). Ah a match made in heaven. And this is just the beginning. See the full list of new must-have products for BlackBerry Q10 below!
Things are a little different this Wednesday — as we approach the launch of BlackBerry’s newest BlackBerry® 10 smartphone, the BlackBerry® Q10, we’re excited to share with you apps that will be available from launch, including Skype! Download the Skype (Preview) to your BlackBerry Q10 here!
Check out the following BlackBerry Q10 apps you’ll be sure to love:
- · BlackBerry Messenger
- · Foursquare (Foursquare)
- · LinkedIn (LinkedIn Corporation)
- · Twitter (Twitter, Inc.)
- · Box (Box, Inc.)
- · Canvas Business Forms Mobile Productivity (Canvas)
- · Dropbox
- · SalesNOW (Interchange Solutions Inc)
News & Photography:
- · New York Times (The New York Times)
- · Paper Camera (JFDP Labs Ltd)
- · Press Reader (NewspaperDirect, Inc.)
- · USA Today (USA TODAY)
- · Wall Street Journal (The Wall Street Journal)
- · Angry Birds (Rovio Entertainment Ltd)
- · Bejeweled 2 (Electronic Arts Inc.)
- · Need for Speed Undercover (Electronic Arts Inc.)
- · New York Time Crosswords (Magmic)
Latest App News: Keep an eye out for ATP Tour, Cut the Rope and Viber apps which will be available on the BlackBerry Z10 and the Q10 in the upcoming weeks.
You can also submit your nominations for the Best Built for BlackBerry App from now until April 28th. The top 4 nominations will be voted on between May 1st and May 10th, and the winners will be announced at the BlackBerry Live Developer Tweetup on May 15, 2013 in Orlando, Florida.
For a look at all BlackBerry 10 apps, head to BlackBerry World.
For the latest BlackBerry news, press releases and headlines follow @BlackBerryNews on Twitter.
Source: Brodeur Partners
BlackBerry Returns to Profitability in Q4 of fiscal year 2013
After some serious ups and downs (mostly downs) we’re happy to report some great news for BlackBerry thanks to Thorsten Heins President and CEO announcing BlackBerry’s return to profitability recently! Things are really looking bright. My local friends are walking into T-Mobile, Verizon & AT&T stores to buy BlackBerry Z10′s. The emails for high quality app reviews are flooding our Z10′s, and I have stacks of accessories with more in route to review, giveaway and experience.
To be honest as a known enthusiast and friend to many BlackBerry employees I feel like it couldn’t happen to a better bunch of people. They’ve all been wearing their hearts on their sleeves for years and they’ve made many of us just as passionate about their future.
Read the company’s Q4 Fiscal 2013 year-end results below:
President and CEO Thorsten Heins announced BlackBerry returned to profitability this morning on the company’s year-end results call this morning, for the quarter that ended March 2. In the face of numerous challenges, BlackBerry has gone from a significant operating loss in the first quarter of the year to an operating profit in the fourth quarter. Today, BlackBerry has an exciting new mobile computing platform, is profitable and has a healthy balance sheet.
Other highlights from the Q4 results:
- · Revenue of $2.7 billion
- · GAAP income from continuing operations of $94 million, or $0.18 per share diluted
- · Adjusted income from continuing operations of $114 million, or $0.22 per share diluted
- · Shipments of 6 million smartphones, including approximately 1 million BlackBerry 10 units
- · Subscriber base of approximately 76 million
- · Cash flow from operations of $219 million, cash and investments balance of $2.9 billion
“It was a year for change and we delivered significant positive change,” said Thorsten Heins, President and CEO.
- · With only a few weeks of availability, and in only a couple of countries, BlackBerry 10 made a strong entry into the high end of these markets with approximately 1 million BlackBerry 10 units.
- · Today, our launch is accelerating: 223 carrier technical acceptances have been completed, and over 60 carriers are now launched across 40 countries with more than 30 countries to come.
- · For the BlackBerry Q10, our first Lab Entry was achieved in late February, and Q10 is now testing with over 40 carriers in 20 countries. As mentioned at our launch in January, availability of Q10 will commence in April.
A replay of the conference call will also be available at approximately 10 am by dialing (+1)416-640-1917 and entering pass code 4501383# or by clicking the link above on your BlackBerry® 10 smartphone, personal computer or BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. This replay will be available until midnight ET April 11, 2013.
For the latest headlines, follow @BlackBerryNews on Twitter.
Source: BlackBerry Media Relations
BlackBerry Travel makes it’s way to BlackBerry 10
BlackBerry Travel is final here for BlackBerry Z10 users, and it’s just as gorgeous as we could imagine. If not more. The best part about it is BlackBerry Travel is an absolutely free service. That once you use it you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Some Berryfication readers might recall my prediction that the app would be available near the U.S. launch of BlackBerry 10.. and not to pat myself on the back.. but I was right!
Full Scoop below!
Today, BlackBerry announced the BlackBerry® Travel™ app is now available for BlackBerry 10 smartphones. It is available as a free download on the BlackBerry® World™ storefront. BlackBerry Travel for BlackBerry 10 makes it easier for customers to easily plan, book, manage, and share their travel arrangements with friends, colleagues and on social and professional networks while on the go. Features include Automatic Trip Scanning, Travel Notification in BlackBerry HUB, Hotel and Car Rental Booking, Itinerary Management, Social Sharing, Search Flights, and Time-Saving Tools. New features include:
- Trip Status Sharing – Post your trip updates on BBM, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. With Trip Status Sharing, you can keep your friends and colleagues up-to-date on your travel adventures immediately as they unfold.
- Flight Status Sharing – Share this information with your colleagues, friends and social networks. If your flight is delayed, cancelled or changed terminals, you can easily and quickly inform others and make sure they know when and where to pick you up from the airport.
- Price Alerts, Change Offers and Upgrades – This service with BlackBerry Travel helps ensure you are always getting the best hotel deal. It automatically notifies you if there’s a better price for the hotel room you booked, a comparable hotel for a cheaper price, or if there’s a much better hotel for slightly more. In many cases, you can cancel your original booking without penalty and re-book the better deal through BlackBerry Travel.
- BlackBerry ID – With BlackBerry ID, you’ll never have to login to BlackBerry Travel again. You’ll have instant access to all of its features as soon as you launch the app. Even on your first time using BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry ID will automatically fill in the registration form for you.
12 Hours Later after receiving my BlackBerry Z10
This innovation is incredible. I just want to gloat about the hardware now that I can say yes I’ve got my hands on a complete BlackBerry Z10! The popular Zed10 is the perfect companion to a tech enthusiasts hands. I took some time trying out different cases from iSkinz, OtterBox, Case-mate & BlackBerry. It didn’t take long before I knew that BlackBerry had finally made a device that I preferred in it’s raw form. The soft black battery door feels perfect in my large hands. It’s a very soft piece of plastic that clips nicely into the back of the Zed10.
Let’s rewind just a bit as I did have a nice stack of accessories from BlackBerry. Find everything here. A few of the L-S1 Batteries, 1 Z10 Battery Charger Bundle, 1 Z10 Flip Shell Cases (white) & (black), 1 Z10 Transformer Hard Shell, 1 Z10 Leather Pocket and 1 Z10 Microfiber Pocket (grey) cases. I tried most of them on and plan to carry the Microfiber Pocket & Flip Shell Case tomorrow. BlackBerry really did think of every little detail. The cases look and feel almost as good as the phone itself. I can’t wait to break these in a bit more and of course share some giveaways with users.
Now before I wrap up this quick post about my first 12 hours I’d like to give AT&T a knock for having really great service out here. I remember thinking and telling users that I was impressed with the 4G LTE they provided us during the Alpha stage. But those SIM’s did not provide the ability to text or make phone calls. This final BlackBerry Z10 is rocking speedy on AT&T’s network. I’ll have more to say in the next couple days as I spent most of my time downloading my apps, games and moving some of the data from the Alphas.
In closing let me just say I couldn’t be happier for BlackBerry right now. The blood, sweat, tears, joy, compassion, support, social media they put into this was truly everything. It’s all riding on these BlackBerry 10 devices doing well. They need to hear that what they’ve done for the user is incredible. I know I’ve waited so long just to hold one that you can almost go a little batty waiting for that moment. Stay tuned for more from Berryfication, myself and the other bloggers on their thoughts, favorite products, features, accessories etc.
If you’re in the Tri-State area (NYC area) tomorrow night be sure to join BerryReview at Best Buy Union Square. More info here: http://www.berryreview.com/2013/03/20/in-the-tri-state-area-join-us-midnight-tomorrow-best-buy-union-square/
Robert Rodriguez collaborates with up & coming filmmakers in a BlackBerry project
When BlackBerry wrote me last week and invited me to go to the BlackBerry House during SXSW in Austin, TX it wasn’t just the allure of seeing a bunch of BlackBerry fans in one place that got my mojo flowing. It was the chance to see Robert Rodriguez praising the new BlackBerry Z10, hearing a true film making legend speak about 2 of my very favorite things: BlackBerry & Film. Having worked in video stores for much of my early 20′s I learned a lot about movies, especially cult classics like El Mariachi, Desperado & From Dusk Till Dawn. So let’s just say I am ecstatic about RR’s love for his new Z10!
FULL SCOOP on Robert Rodriguez’s Two Scoops:
Acclaimed filmmaker Robert Rodriguez (El Mariachi, Desperado, Spy Kids, Sin City) kicked off his BlackBerry Keep Moving Project today. Rodriguez is known as ‘the one man film crew’ because he often assumes the role of producer, director, writer, editor, cameraman and composer on his films. He is teaming up with BlackBerry to create an unfinished three act short film entitled “Two Scoops.”
With his BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, Robert will use social media to invite aspiring filmmakers to collaborate with him and contribute different story elements in each act in order to complete the film. The film will use green screen technology and be finished in post-production by Robert and his team after the online contributions have been reviewed. He will pick one main contribution per act, as well as a number of smaller contributions that will be featured throughout.
“Two Scoops” (see trailer here) is an action packed story about twin girls who run an ice cream truck and just happen to be giant monster hunters in their spare time. Beginning today through April 3rd fans can upload a film of themselves acting a certain part in the movie or share a photo to be featured as one of the “missing townsfolk” in posters dotted throughout the film. More information about how fans can submit to the project and about the storyline of “Two Scoops” can be found on the BlackBerry Keep Moving Hub.
Of course like BlackBerry said to us we’ll keep you posted on this project as things unfold!