Jawbone JAMBOX software UPDATE: Enhanced speakerphone, silent mode, & Android Companion app
Our friends over at Jawbone recently let us know about an all new v2.2 update for their SmartSpeakers! Yes we’re talking about the JAMBOX & all New BIG JAMBOX. Both available for purchase at retailers worldwide as well as jawbone.com/speakers.
The new JAMBOX 2.2 software update from Jawbone is a free download available on Jawbone’s MyTALK platform. As a SmartSpeaker, JAMBOX continues to get better with time, and this latest software update further enriches your experience. Here’s an overview of the new features:
- Enhanced speakerphone: The JAMBOX 2.2 software update makes JAMBOX’s speakerphone “Type 1” compliant for even crisper and clearer calls.
- Jawbone Companion for Android app: With the new update, JAMBOX supports our popular and free app, Jawbone Companion for Android (already available on BIG JAMBOX and Jawbone ERA and ICON headsets). Hear alerts for upcoming meetings while listening to music on JAMBOX, and dial in—passcode and all—with a single touch of a button. Download the app here.
- New Silent Mode: When you’re at the office or putting the kids to bed, you may want to stream music without hearing additional prompts, tones and voices. This update includes a new Silent Mode–just hold down the ‘Talk’ & ‘Minus’ buttons while powering JAMBOX on, and you’ll only hear music. To disable, hold down the ‘Talk’ & ‘Plus’ buttons while powering on. Silent Start-Up/Shut-Down is still available by holding down the ‘Minus’ button while powering JAMBOX on or off.
- Pairing, battery reporting and more: We’ve improved overall Bluetooth interoperability and pairing with computers, especially Macs. There are new user interface improvements, including: the LED light on JAMBOX will now dim after the first 10 seconds of audio play, and the JAMBOX low-battery prompts are smarter—starting earlier and specifying how much battery you have left, so you have more time to plug in and charge up before the music powers down.
After Wikitude’s stellar update to their augmented reality app a few weeks back users of the app were blown away at all the new additions and useful features. Wikitude includes a real view of happenings in your area or wherever you may find yourself in the morning.
Every once and a while I stumble upon an app that really charms me. These aren’t usually apps for gamer’s. Actually Perico Pirata “Pirate Parrot” is an Interactive Children’s Story Book that will warm the hearts of kids (ages 1-7) and parents alike.
* Touch objects to make them spring to life and move.
* Pictures that move and animate as you tilt your tablet. Interactive content on every page.
* Solve the challenges to keep going on the story, or use the navigation map to choose any page, any time you want, to play it again.
* Funny sound effects and music.
* Great user interfase design.
* Talk to the parrot and listen to it repeating your words.
* Original text and artwork.
* Find the hidden screen.
* Enjoy an entertaining coloring page with a variety of drawings to paint just by touching with your fingers.
* Languages: spanish, english and german.
* Device language auto-detect
* Change language on the fly.
* EXTRA: Crazy “Perico Pirata Photo Booth” to make your own photos with you and the book characters. Save them to your device or share them on the web.
• Professionally recorded narration (“Read it to me”) in 5 differents languages
* New language: French and Portuguese
MMMOOO’s very popular Mega Smileys app has just received a cool social update that now allows users to create and share their own emojis on their server. This will give other users access to your emojis and give you access to theirs! Plus they’ve added even more content to both FREE & Pro versions of the app.
° 1000+ Smileys, text emoji, special symbols, waving flags…
° Unique Gif Avatar included;
° Supports add own collections;
° Select, press, send, really friendly to use!
— Collect cool emojis from BBM friends’ or from PC, or combined by self. Save it local or Share to Network where everyone can see your masterpiece to delight them.
Tips: some unique & cool character may displayed as small square or block here, but it displays well on BBM, so it’s a normal issue.
— Mega Smileys now comes with 3D Animated Football 2012 Waving Flags, download and set the waving flags as your BBM™ Avatar, send via BBM™, Email, MMS to support the countyr/football team you like!
— Mega Smileys with 1000+ Smileys, text emoji, special symbols, animated 3D country football team flags… unique Gif avatars, All are original!
— It is really useful in BBM™, SMS, Email! Please enjoy and share, do not forget to write down reviews to win more gifts!
— With Mega Smileys, you can send BBM™? smileys, flags, universal text emoji, Gif avatar and save own collections. Surly to make your BBM™ and text shining and vivid!
BlackBerry App World v184.108.40.206 Now Available!
App World 220.127.116.11 is now available! This version has the following features:
- Download all app updates with the new “Upgrade All” button
- Share your list of installed apps using NFC technology
- View lists of installed apps from multiple friends using NFC technology
- Connect BlackBerry App World to BBM to display a variety of new BlackBerry App World actions in your BBM personal message
- Finnish language support
- Various bug fixes
Sometimes more often than not we avoid posting every little update that comes out. While we’d love to have time for them all some just aren’t that huge a deal. That is.. until I downloaded the new Foursquare for BlackBerry. Now here’s a team that really knows how to re-invent itself making the latest versions of their popular social app feel fresh again! Lots of color, sharp edges, and content to explore as always.
4sq has continued to reinvent current features, add new features and feed the crowd more of what we love about the community. Functionality has always been spot on. Even when I was running the original beta releases that Peter Nofelt would send out, I always felt the product was something unique. Rarely did it fail to connect to GPS. Now years later and Foursquare is a household name.
It didn’t take long for Facebook to get in there and attempt to steal what 4sq started with their lackluster ‘Facebook Places’. But really who uses places besides people who took an extra year to go from MySpace to Facebook. And these are the same users that still haven’t gotten the hang of Twitter. Millions of users love their Foursquare and still we can see that Foursquare loves the user-base right back.
I’ve never seen users on Twitter begging Foursquare for an update or invite. They don’t play games with us. It’s understood that they want everyone to share the same incredible experiences. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of the people that work at 4sq.
Enough banter. If you haven’t already please go update your Foursquare for BlackBerry at the link below. Also be sure to check out the Foursquare Blog post here.
Image Credit: Foursquare Blog
Serenity Wallpaper for BlackBerry & PlayBook
He’s a sneaky one that Pootermobile. While working on some slick new themes Pooter dropped a nice new wallpaper to tide us all over until he launches even more treat to make your device look and remain original!
The latest is comes from his lady and friends at Sweet Pearl Photography. Compatibility with all popular BlackBerry devices and BlackBerry PlayBook. I love these wallpapers!
So what are you waiting for? Go grab your FREE new Serenity Wallpapers below!
Nowadays a lot of stuff we see can be hit or miss but when it comes to developer Hexage, it’s definitely HIT for us! David from Hexage contacted us recently and let us know about some of their new titles coming to BB10 & 2 new titles now available today!
Hexage writes – we’d like to let you know that we’re working with RIM to bring our entire catalog of games to the BlackBerry 10 platform.
BlackBerry PlayBook 2.1.0 developer beta
Just as promised, RIM pushed out a special Tablet OS 2.1.0 beta for developers to get the best from their upcoming applications! And there’s no better way than real device testing. Keep in mind this is once again a unique update for developers and not an update that all PlayBook users will find as useful as some others might. Regardless if you’ve been looking forward to the sneak peak of more features, a much better Android Runtime experience and options like Portrait support for PIM, this may be for you! Check out the a snippet from RIM’s DevBlog below.
There are three major enhancements to the Android™ Runtime in 2.1.0:
- Each Android app will now run in its own window. This greatly improves the user experience and consistency among the other application runtimes.
- Access to the Camera hardware is now supported for Android apps, allowing many more application types to work on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet.
- In-App Payment is now supported through the BlackBerry Payment SDK, so Android applications can include virtual items for sale in their applications.
But wait, there’s more!
There are a couple other items I noticed that I think will appeal to some developers. Full device encryption is now supported, so that the whole device and personal partition can be secure. If you develop an application that deals with sensitive personal information, you may want to include a suggestion to your users that they turn this feature on. Finally, there is a minor update I noticed which developers asked for and will be well received: screenshots are now saved in lossless PNG format. That should help quite a bit when you want to promote your application and add screenshots to the BlackBerry App World™ storefront.
For those of you wandering around the rest of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 beta, you’ll notice a few extra enhancements geared towards end users such as:
- Portrait support for Email, Calendar and Contacts
- Improved folder support including IMAP folder support
The other 2.1 features will come full steam when the new OS is commercially released. The 2.1 Android SDK will be released in beta coinciding with the OS release, and the 2.1 Native SDK will be posted next week, with an update to the Adobe® AIR® SDK to come shortly after.
As with any OS update, use this beta period to test your apps now, so that they will be in full working order when the official release comes out.
Source: Inside BlackBerry Developer Blog
Get the full scope here: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/05/blackberry-playbook-2-1-0-beta/
Next Generation Wikitude 7 now available here for BlackBerry
Ever since BlackBerry 7 lunched last year, even prior to launch I think many of you can recall how exciting Wikitude’s augmented reality browser appeared. Not that it was ever disappointing, just not something we all found a lot of use for. Well Wikitude is out to change that! Especially with what they plan to introduce come BB10.
Some NEW FEATURES of Wikitude 7:
° Favorites: Organize your Worlds according to your preferences & lifestyle
° Featured: Updated regularly to highlight what’s new and interesting
° Categories: Find the Worlds you are looking for in the new category list
FUZZengine by i-Mentalist
° FUZZengine™ personalizing application (add-on) is free to download and use together with native or FUZZengine™ enabled applications.
° Use video wallpaper loops, add image wallpapers or add new sounds to your native or third-party applications.
° It’s FREE! Download it now and personalize your applications with new features!
° Use video loops or images from FUZZengine™ as wallpapers or sounds, as alarms or ringtones inside native or supported third-party applications.
° FUZZengine™ will not only add new features to your app, but will also save your wallpapers, videos and sounds on our SkyParrot cloud, if not in use at the moment. You are able to re-download them at any time.
° IMPORTANT: We are working with developers all around the world to provide you with as much as possible
° FUZZengine enabled applications. Keep in mind that till you have FUZZengine enabled aplication, FUZZengine will not be able to play videos or audio files on your device. You can still use FUZZengine to change your wallpaper!