emacberry (Developer behind FileScout & Iconify among others) wrote to us know his latest update for LittleBrother The “ZERO-power consuming” tracking solution has a New Update v0.5.1.7 and is currently in open beta!
It Automatically inform friends or family members when you are around – so they can be prepared when you arrive (can save you some embarrassing moments). Keep informed right in the moment when your loved once are leaving a previous defined sector (radius around a location). Doing all this without almost any additional power consumption and data transfer… as written at emacberry.com
I downloaded the new v0.5.1.7 a bit ago, and it seems like a clever product with a lot of promise. Especially for BlackBerry users with children that have BlackBerry’s as well as Family’s that mostly use BlackBerry devices. The app will automatically inform you when friends and family are around. LittleBrother can also show you when a loved one is leaving a previously defined sector (radius around a location) And it does so without using much power consumption and data transfer. Still this application is in beta and emacberry will of course greatly appreciate any help or criticism beta testers would like to offer. Diehards welcome too. Check out the features below.
Remember it’s CellTower based so the product will run on both GSM and CDMA Networks. Also take note that CellTower locations aren’t completely accurate. But the information is sufficient enough to tell where you are around and respond with the proper functions. Find even more info at emacberry.com here or follow the link below!
LittleBrother Core Features:
- Automatically send eMail and/or SMS notification when the device is leaving a certain area. This can be used to:
- Keep notified if your children are leaving the area (in which they normally allowed to stay) – e.g. when they take by accident the wrong bus on their way to school.
- Theft detection – if your device will be moved into an area where you normally never would going too [could be ideally combined with other applications like SmrtGuard to wipe your device remotely]
- Automatically send eMail and/or SMS notification when the device is returning into a certain area. Useful to:
- Let your loved once know, that you are coming home soon (e.g. returning from work)
- To be relaxed again when you previously received an LittleBrother “Out of Sector” Notification.
- See an overview map of the last 25 CellTowers you have been connected too – IMHO very informative just to realize how much information about ourselves we are leaving every single day.
- Export the local CellTower Database (locations) to a KML-File and send it via eMail [to be used with GoogleEarth to get an overview of all the CellTowers you have recorded so far].
- Support for device ‘Backup & Restore’: Keep all your LittleBrother CellToer Records when you updating your OS or change your BlackBerry® device