[Media Alert] 7digital will provide Music Downloading for BlackBerry & BlackBerry 10
By now you should all be aware of 7digital. At least those of you who own a PlayBook tablet. They provide the music store for BlackBerry PlayBook, main store of BlackBerry owners in the U.K. as well as offer a great experience for BlackBerry Smartphones (OS 4.6 to 7.1). I recently re-downloaded the app on my Bold 9930 OS 7.1 and was immediately impressed with the UI changes on v2.04.
So earlier this week at the 7digital Annual Event Ben Drury, CEO of 7digital (the leading digital music technology company) announced they (7digital) will be working with Research In Motion as the official music download provider for the BlackBerry 10 smartphones releases in Q1 2013. Pretty darn exciting if you ask us! Check out the full scoop below.
Check out the Press Release below
BlackBerry Music Gateway by Research In Motion Limited
With RIM’s release(s) of the BlackBerry PlayBook, then Bold 9900/9930 series devices I think most users will agree thin, sleek and matte black is sexy, attractive and falls in the “gotta have it” category. This time Research In Motion Ltd has taken the same approach to their brand new BlackBerry Music Gateway.
- Enjoy Wireless Freedom: Streams music from your smartphone, tablet or other devices to your stereo(1,2)
- Your Device is the Remote Control: Track and volume control from across the room, plus access your apps simultaneously.
- Connections Made Simple: Tap to connect with NFC2 or use standard Bluetooth1 for universal connectivity.
- Plays music through: Any home stereo, powered speaker system, or car stereo with auxiliary input(1,2).
- Online music services: Works with online music services and apps on your smartphone, tablet or device, such as Slacker, 7digital, and BB Music
- Product Dimensions: 60mm x 37.5mm x 11mm
- Product Weight: 22.2g
1 Smartphone, tablet or device must support A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth profiles
2 Smartphone must support Near Field Communication (NFC) for tap to connect feature.
After seeing CrackBerry’s post on The Hunger Games books last week, I thought now is no better time for us to start expanding our scope by cracking into all things digital. The Used just dropped their 5th studio album and it’s one you won’t want to miss!
Vulnerable was released by independent label, Hopeless Records. You can download any or all the tracks off this release from multiple sources, most importantly BBM Music [via smartphones] or 7Digital Store via [BlackBerry PlayBook].