[Review] ReadItNow! by Sven Ziegler One of the best ways to read news off or online
I might add that ReadItNow! was also built specifically for both BlackBerry Z10 & Q10 smartphones. A great deal of attention has been paid to both screensizes, themes and how you interact with the all touch as opposed to the added keyboard.
To begin using and enjoying ReadItNow today all you need is a Pocket account. And the best way to interact with it from my daily perspective has been to grab articles, links, blog posts from sources like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit and then you can launch the BlackBerry 10 Share menu (from any app/browser/etc that support that feature) and send these links directly to ReadItNow. You can then sync your articles online and read them offline. Sounds pretty rad so far right?
- Toggle Unread, Read or All Articles
- Switch views from Grid View or List View
- Toggle 2 separate Themes (Light & Dark)
- Jump from the Top to Bottom of your list with the swipe of the menu
- 3 Ways to add Articles: URL from within the app, BB10 Share Menu & Pocket.com plugin via desktop
- BBM Connected
- Quick Start Guide
- Multiple Sync options
Features within Articles Include:
- Font Families, Font Size, Line Spacing, 5 background Theme settings
- Save Articles to SpringPad & Evernote
- Share Articles to BB10 Share Menu
- Create PDF to Email
- Open in Browser
- And much more..
Sven Ziegler has made a couple great products [apps] for the BlackBerry PlayBook now. From the must-have ReadOnTouch Pro. An app that allows you to archive and read your favorite news articles offline or on. And now his OrganizeMe! app. Which is a SpringPad client at it’s core, better now with more features than ever before!
What’s new in 2.0:
• added: ability to create and modify items in offline mode (when you don’t use the PlayBook OS 220.127.116.118)!
• added: now uses delta sync instead of full sync every time!
• added: no more automatic syncs after creating an object locally
• added: completely new sync dialog
• added: move checklist items up and down! (tap and hold a checklist item)
• added: experimental scrollbar to item list (activate in preferences)
• changed: new look of the dialogs
• optimized: handling and performance of multi line text boxes
• optimized: search performance
• bugfix: add ingredients from recipe to selected shopping list works again
• bugfix: edit ingredients while moving them to a shopping list works again
• bugfix: renaming list-items is now possible again (tap and hold a list item to edit it)
• and some other bugfixes
What’s new in 2.0.1:
• added: links inside notes finally work
• added: reworked display of photo objects
• bugfix: close-button is completely visible again in attachments dialog
• bugfix: saving tasks is now possible again
• bugfix: saving appointments is now possible again
• updated: french localization
Update or grab your own copy of OrganizeMe! for your BlackBerry PlayBook at the link below and be sure to read our full review at the link above. Also note that he did make a Trial version for those who aren’t too sure and would like to give it a try first. See the Trial here. Full version retails for $2.99.
Keep it up Sven, can’t wait to see what’s next!!
[Review] OrganizeMe! – Springpad client for PlayBook by Sven Ziegler
Sven Ziegler, developer for ReadOnTouch PRO let us know about another product he built for BlackBerry PlayBook recently. This product is called OrganizeMe! – Springpad client for PlayBook. Sven brings the same quality of excellence we encountered with ReadOnTouch PRO to OrganizeMe.
- Many different object types (notes, bookmarks, recipes, shoppinglists, todo-lists, packing-lists,…)
- Possibility to create different notebooks
- Extensive filters and full context search on all elements(highlighting results corresponding to search term)
- All data is available offline
Changelog for version 1.3.1:
- updated: french and german translations
- changed: show delete icon per default (you can hide it via preferences)
- bugfix: renaming of notebooks is now possible
- bugfix: removed possible syncing bug
If you own a BlackBerry PlayBook and you don’t already own ReadOnTouch PRO, your going to want it after this. Especially if your like me and find yourself either.. A. without wi-fi, B. prefer not to use all your smartphone battery on Bridge. Or C. You own a BlackBerry PlayBook but not a BlackBerry smartphone. Leaving Bridge out all together.
ReadOnTouch PRO Features -
All this plus everything you read here is included:
° Create new account from within the app
° Full image support!
° Watch embedded videos directly in the article view (only with internet connection)
° Full offline support
° Five (5) different themes
° Configurable line-spacing to font-dialog
° Different font-families and -sizes
° Special fullscreen mode: tap twice on the article-view to hide / unhide the toolbars!
° Refill article list with old items if article-limit is not reached
° Scrollbar in article-view
° Remembers last read article and position
° Create PDF (with images!) of article via share-icon!
° Support for landscape and portrait mode
° Built-in webbrowser to view articles inline
° Menu-dialog now opens also via onswipedown event
° Share items via mail and social networks
Here is the latest changelog:
° Changed: way improved “add link” dialog. checks clipboard on playbook for existing link!
° Changed: improved handling of double-tap to maximize article view. Should happen less accidently now!
° Changed: removed not working bbalpha font and added dejavu serif!