When I first saw UbiNav GPS Navigator I was shaken, delighted, excited. Finally a GPS Navigator application compatible with OS 4.2.1 to 7.0! Except it wasn’t compatible with Berry’s on the Verizon Network then. Now with this update comes Verizon compatibility, OS 7.0 compatibility for Bold 9900, 9930, Torch 9810, and more!
Updates for this version include
• UbiNav North America and UbiNav USA 188.8.131.52
• Introduced speed limits
• Automatic day & night illumination during navigation
• Point of Interest on navigation
• Graphic restyling on navigation view
• Route calculation choosing drive or walk mode on launch time
• Map coverage update
• Compatibility for Tour 9630 and Bold 9650
• OS 7.0 compatibility for Bold 9900, 9930 (and also for Torch2 9810 not yet released from RIM)
• Facebook supported only starting from OS ver. 5.0
• Verizon compatibility
UbiEst supports many different countries and languages. There are now 27 versions total. All have 15 Full Trial Days. There’s special Summer Editions for Europe & North America both only $14.99 in BlackBerry App World. Or you can purchase direct from their UbiNav Store where they support many payment options including PayPal.
Installation is quick and painless. From that moment on each feature UbiNav basically walks you through. They’ve sped up the overall performance of the app as well. What’s really cool, is you can use UbiNav to navigate you whilst driving or taking the scenic route on foot. Toggle which map view you prefer, 2D, 3D or Overview. The Facebook connect allows you to give updates to your whereabouts in real time.
You pay a one time purchase price depending on how long a subscription you choose. There’s no monthly fee like other GPS Navigation applications on BlackBerry. With UbiNav you have all types of options to navigate from Search by Address, POI (Point of Interest), Favorite locations, Contacts, Last Searches. You can define POI Navigation by refining your search to food & drink, overnight stay, transportation, parking, and more. This is a great app to use when traveling, for people who are new to a big city or even just those who aren’t great with directions. That’s where I fall in. I love to feel confident in my driving knowing with UbiNav I can be relaxed and arrive at places of interest in a timely fashion.
Current Countries/versions users can choose from
• UbiNav North America (with Canada, Mexico and USA)
• UbiNav United States of America
• UbiNav Canada
• UbiNav South America (with Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Venezuela)
• UbiNav Argentina
• UbiNav Brazil
• UbiNav Colombia
Plus they’re working to extend the map coverage and new editions also for Africa, Middle East, Asia and Oceania. The World is yours. Check it out!